Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Record...

3 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

For the Record... - Page 2 Empty Re: For the Record...

Post  Betep Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 pm

mermaid wrote:Haven`t read about last night's meeting...a reenactment of Amityville most likely. Wonder who was in charge of the gavel?

Re: Shark video; zip zip !.......and to think I sat through the entire movie more than once.
I had tons of videos to choose from, I went quick and dirty.
I've lost track of the number of times I've seen the movie.
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:26 am

House tour tickets available today
July 17, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a listing on Page 24 of yesterday's CapeWeek magazine contained incomplete information. Tickets for the 1 to 5 p.m. Historic House Tour today on Captains' Mile in Yarmouthport are available beginning at noon at Captain Bangs Hallet House Museum, 11 Strawberry Lane, Yarmouthport. Call for more information: 508-362-3021.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 am

Family teaches Kettleer how to eat a lobster
July 19, 2010

Because of a production error, words were omitted from a photo caption accompanying the Page 1 story in yesterday's Times on Cotuit Kettleers baseball player Brooks Pinckard. The caption should have said that Pinckard was getting a lesson on how to eat lobster from his summer host "parents," Mary and Andy Bonacker of Cotuit.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:14 am

Pond report penned by UMass, Cape groups
July 20, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a story on pond contamination that ran on Page A1 of yesterday's Times had the wrong author of a 2009 technical report on the Brewster ponds. It was done by the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth's School for Marine Science and Technology and the Cape Cod Commission. The report included information collected by volunteers on 29 of the town's 76 ponds, with detailed analysis of six of those ponds as stipulated in their contract with the town and Barnstable County.

'This Filthy World' to be staged Aug. 20
July 20, 2010

Because of an editing error, an information box that appeared on Page C2 of Saturday's Times had the incorrect date for John Waters' "This Filthy World Comes to Provincetown" at the Unitarian Universalist Meeting House, 236 Commercial St. The show will be presented at 7 and 10 p.m. Aug. 20.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 am

Perry out-raised Malone by $17,000
July 21, 2010

Because of a reporting error, campaign contributions in the Political Notes column were incorrect on Page A3 of yesterday's Times. Congressional candidate Jeffrey Perry out-raised Joseph Malone by nearly $17,000 in the second quarter in their race for the Republican nomination, according to federal records.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 am

Handler's for sale, but still in business
July 22, 2010

Because of an editing error, a headline on a story about Handler's Auto Parts in Harwich Port on page B5 of yesterday's Times was incorrect. The business is for sale but is still open.

Fundraiser offers options for events
July 22, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a story on Page B1 of Sunday's Times had incorrect information about the Against the Tide fundraiser in Brewster on Aug. 21. Participants in the fundraiser at Nickerson State Park can choose one, two or three events of the five offered: a 1-mile competitive swim, a 1-mile recreational swim, a two-mile "fun kayak excursion," a 3-mile walk and a 5-kilometer fun run.

Dinner cruise runs from 4 to 5:45 p.m.
July 22, 2010

Because of incorrect information provided to the Times, a Community Notes notice on Page B2 of Sunday's edition had the incorrect time of a lobster roll dinner cruise sponsored by Pilgrim Congregational Church of Harwich Port. The cruise is set for 4 to 5:45 p.m. Aug. 6, with boarding at 3:30 p.m. from Dennis Town Dock, Sesuit Harbor, East Dennis.

'Magic' show takes place on Mondays
July 22, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a listing on Page A2 of Tuesday's Times had the incorrect date for the "It Must Be Magic!" show at the Unitarian Universalist Meeting House, 819 Route 28, Chatham. The show takes place every Monday night through Aug. 30.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Wow..... no end in sight for corrections? oops I mean mistakes, some larger than others. Sure hope for Handler's sake people are getting the correct info now.
Unbelievable. No
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 am

Morgan Sills stars in Provincetown show
July 23, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a review that appeared on Page C4 of Tuesday's Times of CTEK Arts' production of "Fully Committed" at the Provincetown Theater gave the incorrect name for the star of the show. The actor's name is Morgan Sills.

Chapaquoit Beach for residents only
July 23, 2010

Because of a reporting error, there was incorrect information about parking at Chapoquoit Beach in Falmouth on Page A2 of yesterday's Times and in our beach guide at www.onCape.com. Chapaquoit is a residents-only beach. Only those with short-term or seasonal town beach stickers are allowed to park there.

Cape Korean War vets served as honor guard
July 23, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a column that appeared on Page A3 of Wednesday's Times incorrectly stated that the color and honor guard that appeared recently at the Hyannis Village Green were members of the Hyannis Veterans of Foreign Wars. They are members of the Cape Cod Chapter of Korean War Veterans.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Each & every mistake posted here affects many people in various ways. These are far more imperative & unforgiving than silly spelling errors.
We aren`t talking `little red wagons' here. Most people must be furious at best. By the time the corrections are made the next day, much of the damage is already done.

Just can`t help but wonder how CCT's mistakes/corrections compare with our other local papers. Such as The Cape Codder, The Register, etc. Branching out off-Cape, The Boston Herald and The Boston Globe to name a few.

No newspaper can possibly be without the occasional mistake. These are far from 'occasional.'
I am SO happy I don`t have the job of answering the phones at the CCT's to listen to one understandably irate person after another.

mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:49 am

Add three more to the pile...
Pete Seeger penned 'Waist Deep' song
July 24, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a story on Page 7 of yesterday's CapeWeek magazine about singer Richard Shindell indicated the incorrect songwriter of "Waist Deep in the Big Muddy." The song was written by folk singer Pete Seeger in 1967.

Green energy meeting set for Thursday
July 24, 2010

Because of an editing error, a news brief on Page A3 of yesterday's Times omitted the date for the first meeting of a Cape Cod Commission policy committee that will address renewable energy development in state waters. The meeting is scheduled for 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Harwich Community Center.

Whale watch video service includes Hyannis trips
July 24, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a story on page C1 of Tuesday's Times about video service aboard whale watch boats omitted that In The Wild Productions also provides the service on the Hyannis Whale Watcher out of Barnstable. The videos include footage from each trip as well as educational content from the Center for Coastal Studies.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

For the Record... - Page 2 Empty Regret the Error

Post  Betep Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:13 am

Regret the Error keeps tabs of newspapers from around the world. If you scroll down a bit, on the right side is a list of papers including the Cape Cod Times and Boston Globe but not the Herald. I have been thinking about sending a letter to the Editor of RtE for a while; if and when I do, I'll post it.
I don't read any of other locals often (not that I don't care, I just don't care enough) with the exception of the Yarmouth edition of the Register and I haven't noticed any corrections. Perhaps because it's a weekly and they can spend a bit more time checking things out.

Edit:
I sent a note and will post if I get a reply. I got a confirmation(?) of some sort. And I quote:
"=?utf-8?b??="
Anyway, it came from their mail host.

Last edited by Betep on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stated.)
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:39 am

Betep wrote:
I don't read any of other locals often (not that I don't care, I just don't care enough) with the exception of the Yarmouth edition of the Register and I haven't noticed any corrections. Perhaps because it's a weekly and they can spend a bit more time checking things out.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I very much enjoy reading The Cape Codder, [ though its a rare happening ] Its a matter of not enough time in the day as well as so many other things I pile into my daily reading material. For example, yesterday I went through 1 1/2 weeks of the CCT's. Quickly.

One column in particular which appears in all our local papers, I read every week. This column I`m writing about doesn`t belong here, but in the `Outdoor` section of this forum. As it seems I`m out of time to do it now!

And yes, perhaps they do have more time to check things out re: our local papers. With all our technology we have spell-check. Maby Error-check is next??
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

For the Record... - Page 2 Empty Free Accuracy Checklist

Post  Betep Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:46 am

From Regret the Error
Free Accuracy Checklist

To celebrate the release of the paperback, I’m offering a free download of a special Regret the Error accuracy checklist. Reporters can use the checklist to help achieve accuracy in their work. Have a look:
For the Record... - Page 2 Checkl10
This checklist is divided into four sections:

1. At the top is space to write the name of the story you’re working on. Underneath that are a few lines where you can list your sources for the story.
2. A section that lists a number of behaviors that will help you while reporting, such as “Ask sources to spell name & title.” Check off these items as you work on the story.
3. A section that lists ten different things to check when you’re finished writing the story. Again, check them of as you complete each task.
4. A section where you can write in story-specific items to check. For example, if a story contains medical terms and concepts, you would write them on these lines to make sure you check them before submitting the story.
Link

Perhaps the Times could buy a few copies and donate a couple to the CCCC library. study
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Horse trough is on Route 6 in Eastham
July 26, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a story on Page 1 of yesterday's Times gave the incorrect location of a historical stone horse trough. The trough is off Route 6 at the Log Cabin Farm roadside stand.

That's 41

Last edited by Betep on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Running count added.)
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

For the Record... - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Accuracy Checklist

Post  mermaid Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Or CCCC could buy a few & donate a bunch to CCT`s. Somehow this may be the only way CCT`s will get them. If they`re free & mandatory reading who knows? Enlightenment could actually be a possiblity. Laughing [this guy looks more like he`s sneering to me.]
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 am

Harwich music strolls to be held Aug. 4, 18
July 27, 2010

Because of an editing error, a story on Page A3 of yesterday's Times omitted the dates of the next two Harwich Port musical strolls. They are 6 to 9 p.m. Aug. 4 and 18.

Front-page photo was of leatherback turtle
July 27, 2010

Because of an editing error, a photo on Page A1 of yesterday's Times misidentified a sea turtle. The leatherback turtle in the photograph was disentangled from fishing gear on July 9 by a team from the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies and swam away unharmed.

42, 43
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Corporation Beach parking costs $20
July 29, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a beach guide item on Page A2 of yesterday's Times had incorrect information about the cost of parking at Corporation Beach in Dennis. The cost is $20 a day.

Cycling fundraiser set for Aug. 7 and 8
July 29, 2010

Because of a reporting error, a column on Page A3 of yesterday's Times incorrectly reported when the Pan-Mass Challenge fundraiser will be held. The cycling event, which goes from Sturbridge to Provincetown over two days, will be held Aug. 7 and 8.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:43 am

Truro couple live at 25 Quail Ridge Road
July 30, 2010

Because of an editing error, a story on Page A1 of yesterday's Times had the wrong address for Wayne P. Martin and Amie Previe. The couple live at 25 Quail Ridge Road, Truro.

Correct library dates for Frank Fuerst talks
July 30, 2010

Because of an editing error, scheduling information for author Frank Fuerst was incorrect on page C1 of Thursday's Times. Fuerst will talk about his book "Alzheimer's Care With Dignity" at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6 at Wellfleet Public Library and 2 p.m. Aug. 7 at Brewster Ladies Library.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:14 am

Lawmakers sent letter to AG Wednesday
July 31, 2010

Because of an editing error, a story on Page A1 of yesterday's Times had the incorrect date for a letter sent by legislators to state Attorney General Martha Coakley about the Wind Energy Siting Reform Act. The letter was sent Wednesday.

Last edited by Betep on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 49)
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:59 am

Coast Guard Beach parking at Doane Road
August 03, 2010

Because of a reporting error, incorrect parking information for Coast Guard Beach in Eastham appeared on Page A2 of yesterday’s Times. Parking is available at the Little Creek parking lot on Doane Road. No beach parking is allowed at the Salt Pond Visitor Center.

Quincy reporter asked question about Keating
August 03, 2010

Because of incorrect information provided to the Times, a letter to the editor on Page A10 of Friday’s Times mistakenly identified the reporter who focused on Bill Keating’s residency in the 10th Congressional District. The question to Keating was raised by a reporter from The Patriot Ledger of Quincy.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:19 am

[/url=http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100804/NEWS/8040308/-1/NEWS01]Administration sponsored wind farm legislation[/url]
August 04, 2010

Because of incorrect information provided to the Times, a letter on Page A10 of Friday's Times misstated the sponsorship of the Wind Energy Siting Reform Act. State Rep. Matthew Patrick, D-Falmouth, supports the legislation, but the administration filed it.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 am

Truro apartment co-owned by Previe
August 07, 2010

Because of an editing error, a story on Page A5 of Wednesday's Times had incorrect information about the apartment at 25 Quail Ridge Road in Truro where Wayne Martin and Amie Previe have been living. Previe co-owns the property with Stanley Kasanovich and Lorraine Previe. Martin does not pay rent.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Right telephone number to call for wool strips
August 10, 2010

Because of a reporting error, an item in the Write to Know column on Page B8 in the Sunday Cape Cod Times provided the wrong telephone number for P.M. of Dennis, who has wool strips for rug braiding to give away. The correct number is 508-385-2738.

No wagons either.

Last edited by Betep on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BB code)
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Maby will try that again- unless all wagons are in a big pile somewhere, being sold off behind closed doors. For Big bucks.
Laundered wagons?
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:48 am

No mandatory watering ban in town
August 14, 2010

An editorial on Page A14 of yesterday's Times incorrectly reported that the Bourne Water District has imposed a mandatory ban on the watering of lawns.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next