Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites

Go down

Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites Empty Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites

Post  Betep Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites

Connecticut publisher acquires holdings; staff to be retained

By Lorelei Stevens
lstevens@capecodonline.com

Posted Feb. 19, 2016 at 2:00 AM
Updated at 6:28 AM

SOUTH DENNIS – Walter Brooks has sold Best Read Guide Cape Cod, along with his online news site and affiliated companies, to CTM Media Group for an undisclosed sum, but he’s not putting down his pen.

“I’ll continue writing for CapeCodToday,” he said Thursday after announcing the sale. “I’m only 85. It keeps me pretty busy.”

Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, CTM Media Group bills itself as one of the largest distributors of tourism information in North America. Last year, CTM set out more than 100 million brochures in its network of more than 14,000 information displays and 380 touch-screen kiosks.

CTM President Peter Magaro said his company acquired the assets of the Brooks companies and that Brooks family members and other employees would continue in their current roles.

“All of the staff is staying on, even on the distribution side,” he said. “Our goal is to provide seamless continuity for our customers. We see this as another opportunity to spread the word about all the great things to do on Cape Cod.”

Brooks said all parties would benefit from the arrangement.

“Our distribution area is basically Plymouth to Provincetown,” he said. “Theirs is the largest in the U.S. and Canada. By working with them, they’ll add Cape Cod to their quiver and we’ll add theirs to ours.”
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites Empty Re: Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites

Post  Betep Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:22 pm

CTM Media Group acquires CapeCodToday.com

CTM Media Group announced the acquisition of CapeCodToday.com as part of a larger purchase of Best Read Guide, BRG Distribution and eCape. CTM operates a visitor media network throughout the US and Canada and has provided tourism marketing services in New England for over 25 years.

"CTM is privileged to be able to grow on the Cape through the acquisition of such an iconic guide and exemplary distribution network", said Peter Magaro, President of CTM Media Group. "Best Read Cape Cod is an institution and we are excited to continue its great tradition. Further, the diverse and vibrant digital properties are an ideal fit for CTM’s multi-format media network."

"We are excited to see Best Read Guide Cape Cod and eCape become part of an expanded media network that can offer a diverse range of solutions for our customers,” stated Walter Brooks, founder of Best Read Guide. "When we decided to explore a sale of our business, it was very important for us to choose a company that would uphold our commitment to quality and service, and most importantly was committed to the people and businesses of Cape Cod. We believe CTM is the ideal company to do this, as well as bring new ideas and solutions to the local visitor marketing community.”

CTM will continue to operate the guide, distribution services, and the digital properties with the guidance of the Brooks family, who have joined the CTM team and will continue to play an important day to day role.

"We are thrilled to continue working on Best Read Guide with CTM", said Pat Brooks, former owner of BRG. "Continuity is important for our customers, and CTM has given us the ability to deliver the best visitor guide on Cape Cod in the same manner as we have been doing for over 30 years."

CTM will also continue to operate CapeCodToday.com, and Maggie Kulbokas will continue in her role of editor of the site. "I am excited to continue my work on CapeCodToday”, said Ms. Kulbokas, "it is a great news outlet for the Cape community and I am happy CTM understands and respects our mission."

"I am proud of everything we have done and accomplished at CapeCodToday.com", said Mr. Brooks. "Although I will no longer be involved in the day-to-day operation, I am excited to continue as a contributor. CTM has been a great partner through this process and I am looking forward to what the future may bring.”

"Walter Brooks created a wonderful news site", said Mr. Magaro. "We are excited to continue his work while we create the best plan to make CapeCodToday.com successful within our overall business strategy."
- See more at: http://capecodtoday.com/article/2016/02/18/228040-CTM-Media-Group-acquires-CapeCodTodaycom-parent-companies#sthash.kvTjPQpt.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites Empty CTM Media Group donates Cape Cod Today to Masonic Angel Foundation

Post  Betep Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:21 am

t’s a new day here at Cape Cod Today!

CapeCodToday.com was donated to the Masonic Angel Foundation, Inc. (MAF) this week by CTM Media through their IDW Media Charitable Foundation, Inc.

CapeCodToday.com and its business will be operated by Cape Cod Today, Inc., a for-profit subsidiary of the Masonic Angel Foundation, Inc.

Last winter CTM Media acquired the assets of the Brooks family’s portfolio of media properties, including Best Read Guide Cape Cod, Best Read Guide’s distribution channels, various tourism websites and the Cape Cod Today news site.

Recently, Walter and Pat Brooks learned that CTM was seeking to divest CapeCodToday.com. They encouraged me, in my role as MAF President, to approach CTM to see if they would donate the news site to MAF in order to create an income stream for our Foundation’s charitable activities. I approached CTM’s President Peter Magaro and found that he welcomed the idea. The transfer was completed earlier this week.

“CTM is at its core a travel and tourism marketing business. While we admired the daily news site, we just did not believe our focus would allow us to nurture the site in the way necessary for it to thrive”, said Peter Magaro, President of CTM Media Group.

As is the Masonic Angel Foundation, Cape Cod Today is now 100% volunteer-operated.

What Changes and What Stays the Same?

CapeCodToday is known for extensive, hyper-local news and events coverage. Regular readers of the site will note the increase in content over the past two weeks, as the new team assumed responsibility for content. We expect to continue the site’s mission as a community news source and forum for discussion.

Walter Brooks is leading our team of volunteers as Managing Editor. Walter’s 55 years of experience in journalism inspires us all. His knowledge of the Cape, its history and politics gives him a unique perspective on local reporting. I worked with Walter for nearly a decade as a volunteer researcher and investigator. Our partnership over the years surprised the two of us as much as anyone, with Walter the social liberal, fiscal conservative and me the far right-wing conservative on most issues.

The hectoring editorials will be back. Cape Cod Today’s extensive education coverage will continue. Walter will be expanding our coverage of local politics. Pat Brooks will pick up her pen as our travel editor.

As part of MAF’s overall charitable imperative, we’ll be working with small non-profits and schools to provide some free advertising as well as photography, graphic design and news reporting opportunities for students at the Cape’s schools.

Commercial advertisers’ campaigns will continue as they always have. Cape Cod Today, Inc. and CTM will be in touch with advertisers over the next few weeks to answer questions and review ad campaigns. All current campaigns will run through their current agreement with no changes necessary.

A most generous act

We thank Peter Magaro and the management of CTM Media Group, Ettractions, Inc. and the IDW Media Charitable Foundation, Inc. for making this moment possible. The donation of CapeCodToday.com is a most generous act creates a welcome income stream for the Masonic Angel Foundation and helps us grow our charitable mission in the community.

The entire team at CTM Media has been outstanding and encouraging as we move through the many necessary transitions and conversions.

Peter Magaro’s gracious words are an apt closing to this editorial. “I am happy the site has a good home – and I hope it lives on and serves the community and MAF’s charity work well…”

With warm regards,

Robert W. Fellows, Editor and Publisher

Walter R. Brooks, Managing Editor

Cape Cod Today, Inc. / capecodtoday.com

editor@capecodtoday.com

Back to top Go down

Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites Empty Re: Walter Brooks sells Cape guide, websites

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down