Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole

2 posters

Go down

Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole Empty Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole

Post  Betep Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 am

Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole
September 12, 2011

WOODS HOLE — The Coast Guard found a deceased man on a boat off Woods Hole shortly after 3 p.m. Sunday .

The adult male was reportedly found aboard a sailboat with the sails up and the motor running. A Coast Guard rescue crew brought the man to Quissett Harbor, where they were met by a Falmouth Fire Department ambulance.

"He had been dead some time," Falmouth fire Capt. James Marshall said.

Marshall did not have the name of the deceased but believed the man's wife had been notified.

Falmouth police said the Massachusetts State Police detectives are investigating the unattended death.
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole Empty Re: Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole

Post  mermaid Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am

Sheet mon............with the motor still running ? I`d think it would have run out of gas since he`d been `gone` for some time. Something strange about this... Suspect

At this moment 3 near & dear relatives of mine are out on Georges Bank pale
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole Empty Re: Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole

Post  Betep Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 am

Sailboat motors are pretty small. A 10 horsepower outboard uses a gallon an hour.
Diesel engines consume about 1 gallon per hour for every 18 hp used.

I know these things. Cool
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Man found dead on sailboat off Woods Hole Empty Update:

Post  Betep Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:30 am

Sailboater's death not regarded as suspicious

September 13, 2011

WOODS HOLE — The death of a Sherborn man whose body was found on a sailboat off Woods Hole on Sunday afternoon is not suspicious, according to the Cape and Islands District Attorney's Office.

Cape and Islands First Assistant District Attorney Michael Trudeau said the man was identified as Stephen H. Cribben, 68.

An autopsy will be performed by the state medical examiner's office, but "there is nothing to indicate this was an untoward situation," Trudeau said.

The Coast Guard was called out Sunday afternoon when a crew aboard a towboat reported seeing a sailboat motoring in circles in the harbor with no one at the controls. According to the Coast Guard, the man was found unresponsive inside the cabin.[/url]

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 am

Yacht broker comment? You`re killing me...whaaa????
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Yacht Brokers are Used Car Salesmen with tans and deck shoes.
I know these things.

I would bet that a Yacht Broker tried to buy the boat from the grieving widow for cheap $$$
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

There now that wasn`t so hard was it? ya, you know these things
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down