Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenOffice.Org

Go down

OpenOffice.Org Empty OpenOffice.Org

Post  Betep Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:02 am

OpenOffice.Org Openoffice

I mentioned that I had switched from using the Microsoft Office Suite of Products to Open Office a while back HERE.

It should be a sub topic of Open Source, but too late and Admin doesn't want to shuffle posts and threads around.

OpenOffice is well described by Cnet :
Reviewed by: CNET Staff on November 07, 2008

"A credible rival to MS Office, OpenOffice.org includes powerful applications for making text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, diagrams, and databases, as well as HTML and XML documents. Not only does it let you edit basic documents, such as letters and faxes, it also handles equations and complex and multipart documents with bibliographies, reference tables, and indexes."

From From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

OpenOffice.org, commonly known as OOo or OpenOffice, is an open-source application suite whose main components are for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and databases.[7] It is available for a number of different computer operating systems, is distributed as free software and is written using its own GUI toolkit. It supports the ISO/IEC standard OpenDocument Format (ODF) for data interchange as its default file format, as well as Microsoft Office formats among others. As of November 2009[update], OpenOffice.org supports over 110 languages.[4] As free software, users are free to download, modify, use and distribute OpenOffice.org.

I'll try to keep everything related to OOo in this tread.

Last edited by Betep on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

OpenOffice.Org Empty Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice

Post  Betep Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:10 am

From The Register UK:

Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice

Community return promised, Oracle cloud suite MIA

By Gavin Clarke in San Francisco • Get more from this author

Posted in Applications, 15th April 2011 19:36 GMT

On Demand Webcast : Making the decision on hosted apps - What’s the risk and reward?

Oracle is turning OpenOffice into a purely community project, and no longer plans to offer a commercial version of the collaboration suite loved by many.

The database giant said on Friday that it believed OpenOffice would be best managed by an organization focused on serving the broad constituency on a non-commercial basis.

Oracle chief corporate architect Edward Screven said in a brief statement: "We intend to begin working immediately with community members to further the continued success of Open Office," adding that "Oracle will continue to strongly support the adoption of open standards-based document formats, such as the Open Document Format (ODF)."
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

OpenOffice.Org Empty Update 3.3.

Post  Betep Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 am

I updated to 3.3.
I haven't seen ant changes yet. Perhaps later.

It took a while, not a short change.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

OpenOffice.Org Empty Re: OpenOffice.Org

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down