Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drummer Boy Park

2 posters

Go down

Drummer Boy Park Empty Drummer Boy Park

Post  mermaid Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 am

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100928/NEWS/9280318/-1/ARCHIVEBy Doug Fraser
dfraser@capecodonline.com
September 28, 2010BREWSTER — The dogs brought out the people last night as pet lovers rallied to defend one of the last remaining areas in town, and maybe on the Cape, where they could let their dogs run free.

That, of course, was the problem Brewster's selectmen wanted to come to grips with after complaints over the summer from some people who felt the dogs had started to take over the popular Drummer Boy Park. This was especially true on Sundays when the Brewster Band played concerts. Some said that as many as 18 to 20 dogs were often on the green and that owners were not cleaning up after their pets.

................................................................................................

And read the rest...

Speaking for myself I feel this is a great place for dogs which I adore. The dogs are fun to watch as they chase each other & play. Dogs do what is natural for them - one of these things is `poop.`
On many occasions I `ve walked around this park with friends & their dogs, but was always having to watch my step. Not everyone picks up after their dogs.. I began referring to it as `Poop Park` to myself.
I can see where this whole thing is headed. Like many other fun, enjoyable activities, a few bad apples are ruining this for others.
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Drummer Boy Park Empty Re: Drummer Boy Park

Post  Betep Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 pm

It's the Chihuahua/Iditarod theory in play.
It starts out small then gets progressively larger.
"It's just a little dog"
"It's just a sled team"
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Drummer Boy Park Empty A letter to the editor

Post  Betep Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 am

Focus at Drummer Boy should be on people

October 13, 2010

After reading all the letters about Drummer Boy Park and dogs, I felt compelled to write.

I am a member of Brewster's All Citizens Access Committee and I look at Drummer Boy Park from a different perspective. First and foremost, the park is for the people to use and enjoy — and that should mean all the people. Where in Drummer Boy Park are the accessible pathways for those who have to use wheelchairs, walkers or canes? Where is the handicap parking? There is a wonderful handicap-accessible playground, but there is no designated handicap parking for it, nor is there any wheelchair accessible pathway to the playground.

A master plan needs to be designed for Drummer Boy Park so that the park can be enjoyed by everyone. I feel this should be Brewster's first priority with regards to Drummer Boy Park.

Maureen Steinmann

Brewster
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Drummer Boy Park Empty Re: Drummer Boy Park

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down