Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh look for your paper

3 posters

Go down

Fresh look for your paper Empty Fresh look for your paper

Post  Admin Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:07 am

Fresh look for your paper

By Paul Pronovost
Executive Editor
Posted Nov. 7, 2014 @ 2:00 am

You will surely notice that tomorrow's Cape Cod Times is a bit different than Thursday's. We have made a few style and content changes designed to improve the navigation and readability of the newspaper, in line with the changes you are seeing on CapeCodTimes.com.

The changes come as we shift page production to the Center for News & Design, our parent company's design hub. Making adjustments related to that move gave us an opportunity to review what we do and how we do it, and consider elements that could make reading the paper a better experience. You will find section front rails, headline kickers, more briefs, a daily "best bets" calender and more. These changes were based on an extensive year-long readership study and have been tested successfully in other markets.

What isn't changing is our commitment to focus on the news that matters most to our community. We will continue to deliver the most comprehensive, informative and entertaining newspaper covering the Cape and Islands every day.

We hope you enjoy these improvements and we thank you for reading the Cape Cod Times.

No, you suck the life out of my internet connection.
Please realize we all don't have the latest and greatest internet bandwidth.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://beteps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fresh look for your paper Empty New CCT online

Post  mermaid Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:23 am

Hard to believe people were actually Paid to make these ridiculous & far out changes to your online edition. Not to mention making it far more difficult to read the E edition.

It's almost laughable that you think it's an improvement. But if you folks don't care about all the complaints you're getting, why should I?
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Fresh look for your paper Empty Re: Fresh look for your paper

Post  Betep Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:10 pm

We'll see how the on-line hits stand up.
I haven't seen the paper on a tablet/ smaht phone in months.
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:49 pm

From the Letters to the Editor:

Newer and 'fresh' doesn't mean better

Posted Nov. 13, 2014 @ 2:01 am

What, is that a USA Today in my driveway? Am I at a Marriott? No, that's the new look and feel of the Cape Cod Times that was rolled out Nov. 6.

As a cover- to-cover print version reader for 13 years, I regard this as a less substantial newspaper than the former version. I understand your desire to create a more marketable product that is easier to consume, but sometimes newer and "fresh" isn't better.

Will I continue to subscribe and read the Cape Cod Times daily? Yes. Did I like the old one better? Yes. Just saying.

James Cote

Forestdale
Admin

https://beteps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 am

Times to move printing to R.I.

By Bryan Lantz
blantz@capecodonline.com
Posted Jan. 16, 2015 @ 2:01 am
Updated at 7:03 AM

HYANNIS — Cape Cod Media Group announced Thursday that it will move the printing and packaging of the Cape Cod Times and its other publications from Hyannis to Providence, Rhode Island, by the end of March, affecting an undisclosed number of jobs on the Cape.

In a memo Thursday to staff, Cape Cod Media Group president and publisher Peter Meyer said the decision was rooted in the cost to update the printing plant's equipment. "Unfortunately, the type and age of our equipment does not allow us to effectively compete for additional printing work," Meyer wrote in the memo.

In addition to the Times, the production center at 40 Communication Way, in Independence Park, now prints The Barnstable Patriot; The Inquirer and Mirror of Nantucket; The Standard-Times of New Bedford; the five Hathaway Publishing weekly papers, which cover Bristol and Plymouth County communities; and a variety of other publications. Printing and packaging of all of those publications will be done at the facilities of The Providence Journal by the end of March.
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum