Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doggy-paddling policeman saves drowning dachshund

2 posters

Go down

Doggy-paddling policeman saves drowning dachshund Empty Doggy-paddling policeman saves drowning dachshund

Post  mermaid Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 am

http://unblocked.org/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vd3d3LmNhcGVjb2RvbmxpbmUuY29tL2FwcHMvcGJjcy5kbGwvYXJ0aWNsZT9BSUQ9LzIwMTIwNDEwL05FV1MxMS8xMjA0MTk5Njg%3D

Doggy-paddling policeman saves drowning dachshund

By JON OFFREDO
joffredo@capecodonline.com

April 10, 2012HYANNIS -- A panicked puppy in danger of drowning was saved Monday afternoon by a Barnstable police officer.

Patrolman Brendan Burchell responded to the scene outside the Cape Cod Mall to find a small crowd of six standing around Fresh Pond.

More Times Breaking News
UC Davis to release pepper-spray clash report - 7:01 am Obama emphasizes gap between him, Romney - 6:58 am SCOTUS misunderstanding health overhaul? - 6:57 am Attorneys: Zimmerman is isolated, stressed out - 6:45 am See All Breaking News Stories »“It was one of the more unusual calls,” he said.

About a 100 feet offshore, a small dachshund puppy was struggling to stay afloat. The dog’s owner told the officer that the puppy had jumped a fence in her yard and somehow made it into the pond.

She added the puppy had been treading water for nearly a half hour. By the time Burchell arrived on scene, it had trouble keeping its head above the water. The patrolman was faced with a decision.

“The dog was going under. It’s that time. Either you do it or you don’t,” he said. “I locked up the cruiser and told dispatch, ‘I’m going in.’”

So he took off his boots and shirt, and dove in after the pup.

“I get out to the middle of this pond, and the dog is swimming away from me,” he said. “So I grab him, and he’s trying to bite me and then I put him up over my head and bring him back to shore.”
Upon the dachshund’s return to shore, the owner took the dog to the vet, where it made a full recovery.

“It was pretty cool. I was pumped to do it,” he said.

Amid his watery dash to rescue the dog, Burchell reported minor abrasions to his arm and forehead from the dog and debris in the water.

Upon his return to the station, a report states that he “decontaminated, changed uniforms and resumed patrol.”

“It was not the ideal time to go swimming in that pond,” he said. “It’s called Fresh Pond, but there was nothing fresh about it.”

Gooood police officer.. clap
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Doggy-paddling policeman saves drowning dachshund Empty Re: Doggy-paddling policeman saves drowning dachshund

Post  Betep Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 am

"Doggy-Paddling" doesn't sound very professional.
It's like jumping into a sewer... :sicksailing:
:shark-smilie:
Needs sharks,
:fantasy-mermaid-24:
and a Mermaid.
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down