Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

`Jack-o'-lobster' a special treat in Orleans

2 posters

Go down

`Jack-o'-lobster' a special treat in Orleans Empty `Jack-o'-lobster' a special treat in Orleans

Post  mermaid Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:11 pm

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/offbeat/view/20110928jack-o-lobster_a_special_treat_in_orleans/

Jack-o’-lobster’ a special treat in Orleans
By Eric Williams / Cape Cod Times
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 -

ORLEANS — Would he taste like a candy corn? Perish the thought, because the Halloween-colored crustacean dubbed "Jack-o’-lobster" will likely be enjoying a tricked-out future at a local aquarium.

"I’ve grown up in this business, and I’ve seen more lobsters than I care to admit to, and I’ve never seen one this color before," said Elise Costa, 31, head fishmonger at Capt’n Elmer’s restaurant and fish market in Orleans.

Costa said Jack-o’-lobster was caught off Nauset Beach in East Orleans and stuck out like a sore claw in a 400-pound shipment of regulation crustaceans. She estimated the pumpkin-hued pincher to be about 10 years old.

Michael Tlusty, director of the...

Click link above to read the rest of the story .

coffee
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

`Jack-o'-lobster' a special treat in Orleans Empty Re: `Jack-o'-lobster' a special treat in Orleans

Post  Betep Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:49 am

The Woods Hole Science Aquarium will be a nice home for him/her.

:partylobster:
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down