Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item

3 posters

Go down

Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item Empty Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item

Post  mermaid Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 am

www.cgi/http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101123/NEWS/11230307jkolnos@capecodonline.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101123/NEWS/11230307jkolnos@capecodonline.com
November 23, 2010MARSTONS MILLS — With one slice of a knife, Tamar Haspel entered a new realm of thanksgiving.

The Sunday before the holiday was her first time killing a bird that will soon grace her table. It was quite a sea change for this food writer who, just three years ago, was living in New York City.

But you gotta eat.

So Haspel cut the throat of one of four turkeys she and her husband, Kevin Flaherty, had been raising over the past five months. She watched the bird bleed out while it hung upside down at the couple's 2-acre Marstons Mills property.........

and so on..........

Innocently read the first few paragraphs........ too late! A bird they`ve raised from day one.... with `some? ` sadness, they watched it `bleed out.` How sweet.
And NO! I did not view the video affraid

Not to be misunderstood, I`ve been fond of turkey & will be eating it on Thanksgiving.... [or not, after this column.] Yet this article has way too much information for me. Yes to each his/her own. I found it a disgusting & heartlessly written news item. And I have one of the strongest stomachs I know of.

This graphic-ness doesn`t belong on the front page, it belongs on a google site for crying out loud. `For those who want to know how its done.`
More shame on you CCT`s.
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item Empty Re: Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item

Post  Mastodon Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 am

This article is indeed nothing short of barbaric. Totally inappropriate.

Mastodon

Gemini Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item Empty Re: Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item

Post  Betep Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:38 pm

I think we're all a bit too removed from our food sources.
I waited until after the Thanksgiving holiday to comment.
It's a brutal thing that happens before a supermarket package, and I think it should be taught. Not a field trip to a slaughterhouse, but a clue of where food comes from. I've gutted a few birds and plenty of fish after the hunt and I will continue to do so. I'll eat a hamburger and other yummy critters.

I've had blood on my hands from what I have eaten. It's my place on the food chain.
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm

As I said, to each his/her own...and there are places to go to find such info- should a person wish to know the gory details...which could have ommitted the `pet to bleed-out` description. Making their life on the farm a write up of enlightenment to all. However the article was a written trip to a slaughterhouse. Gore does have its place afterall.

I`m certainly not against the idea of living off the land. Its a way of life for many...and increasingly so.

Despite all, I did enjoy our annual poultry dinner. Or `chew & screw` as we lovingly call our family dinners.
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:11 pm

UPI had a photo of "Don't eat turkey" protesters in front of the White House. I can't find it right now so I have this photo. I think someone wanted to eat smurfs. I don't know, I never really got into the show, I was busy at the time.
Thanks Again CCT`s For Another Inappropriate Front Page Item The-Smurf-balloon-floats-down-the-parade-route-at-the-Macys-84th-Annual-Thanksgiving-Day-Parade-in-New-York

Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down