Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bless the Pan-Mass riders, but keep them off the Cape

Go down

Bless the Pan-Mass riders, but keep them off the Cape Empty Bless the Pan-Mass riders, but keep them off the Cape

Post  Betep Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:27 am

October 20, 2013

I lost my son, husband and grandmothers to cancer. My son-in-law and daughter-in-law are currently fighting cancer. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Dana-Farber and admiration and gratitude for the many riders who give so selflessly to raise funds to fight this deadly disease.

But I live on the Cape and feel that both the location and time of the Pan-Mass ride are ill-conceived and wrong. Because the Cape is serviced by one main road from beginning to end, with no alternative routes in some places, the ride inconveniences and poses a danger to visitors and residents alike at what is the busiest time of the year on the Cape. It is also the hottest time of the year, which puts the riders at risk of dehydration and heat prostration. There have been medical emergencies and accidents as a result of the ride.

Now, Pan-Mass wants to place permanent signs along the route, further cluttering our roads. I object to using my taxes to pay for the signs and would like to see a breakdown of the expenditures of the money raised by Pan-Mass.

Common sense is often left behind when causes that aim to do good take on a life of their own.

Joan Moriarty

North Truro

:facepalm:  Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle lady, IT'S ONE DAY A YEAR! Over by noon.
August 6, 2014. Mark your calendar.

Sign in question:
Bless the Pan-Mass riders, but keep them off the Cape Bilde?Site=CC&Date=20131012&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=310120314&Ref=AR&MaxW=570&MaxH=370&border=0&cb=20131012005600

Put it on an existing sign post?
Like this one?

Bless the Pan-Mass riders, but keep them off the Cape 800px-Claire_Saltonstall_Bikeway_on_MA_Route_6A_northbound%2C_Truro_MA

Last edited by Betep on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Second photo)
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down