Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin`

2 posters

Go down

Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin` Empty Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin`

Post  mermaid Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:51 am

Curious about how to take apart the Front of my hard drive.. verrrry dusty. I`ve got a Sony Vaio- PCV-J200 & cannot find anything about how to do so. The back of it is easy to get at & vac.
I heard someone mention I need to take apart the front as well. So before I go at it thought I`d check here first. Any thoughts much appreciated.
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin` Empty Re: Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin`

Post  Betep Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 am

Hmmm...
I'm going to assume you mean the big off-white box that sits on your desk that everything plugs into. The actual hard drive is a smaller box inside of the big box. IT IS VERY SENSITIVE! Therefor not to be messed with. Vacuuming a Computer can be dangerous due to the risk of Static Electricity (it is commonly done though, just not on a 'dry' day when you get static shocks). Repair shops use compressed air to gently blow dust out. Air costs ~$8~ for a couple cans Exclamation. I use an air compressor with a dryer.

Looking at the Sony VAIO PCV-J200 PC Desktop Manual on page 15 shows the back of the unit. I see 4 screws that hold the top metal (?) enclosure on. If you can get that off, you should be able to get all the dust bunnies out.

I'd kinda hafta see it.
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin` Empty Re: Hard drive in need of a dustin` & a cleanin`

Post  mermaid Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks! And you assumed correctly. Although I call it the tower, and it sits on the floor under my desk. Between you & the manual [ which I couldn`t find Rolling Eyes ], I`m not about to unscrew anything!!

The computer & I are both sensitive. Will simply vac the back of it as I`ve done before. Funny I didn`t notice any static shocks before & I`ve vaccuumed there lots of times. Perhaps this comes with age, where I`m kinda shock-proof. Not completely thank goodness.
Thanks again!
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum