Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Cape is to stay livable, it can't become a museum

2 posters

Go down

If Cape is to stay livable, it can't become a museum Empty If Cape is to stay livable, it can't become a museum

Post  Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:27 pm

If Cape is to stay livable, it can't become a museum

March 11, 2013

If the Cape is to continue as a viable tourist destination, we need modern, multistory accommodations, water parks and other seaside attractions, and lots of outlet shopping. Think Hilton Head Island.

If the Cape is to remain a desirable residential community, we need the same opportunities that exist elsewhere in the country. I can see no reason why we should have to travel great distances, especially with the price of gasoline today, to shop. If Wellfleet and its cadre of retired college professors wish to exist as a sort of living history museum, like Sturbridge Village, I wouldn't want to stand in their way. The rest of us would happily use Dunkin' Donuts, CVS, Lowe's, Target, Wal-Mart and more.

Joseph Dionne

South Yarmouth

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://beteps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

If Cape is to stay livable, it can't become a museum Empty Re: If Cape is to stay livable, it can't become a museum

Post  Betep Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 am

How many cheap ladders are needed in a lifetime

March 19, 2013

I have read a ton of opinions on a Lowe's being built in Dennis, where I have lived for the past 30 years.

I have a few points. First, anybody who lives in other towns in favor should be willing to have it in their town; I doubt it. Second, anybody who owns a business in the area who doesn't think it will affect their business revenues must live under a rock; I've been there. In the Worcester-Framingham area, 33 out of 45 jobs listed are seasonal or part-time, and in Wareham-Kingston, 11 out of 13 are listed the same; so much for full-time employment.

The Cape Cod Commission report states: "Economic development on Cape Cod begins with the protection of the natural, built and cultural assets that make this region unique. The importance of being unique should not be underestimated in the era of standardizations" — i.e., Lowe's.

Wake up, people. How many cheap stepladders do you need? I have had the same one since I moved here and it works fine.

Ernie Johnson

Dennis

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum