Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Hatin'

2 posters

Go down

Facebook Hatin' Empty U.S. May Spread Terror Alerts on Facebook, Twitter

Post  Betep Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 am

U.S. May Spread Terror Alerts on Facebook, Twitter

By Computerworld staff, Computerworld Apr 8, 2011 11:10 am

The U.S. government may start issuing terror alerts using Facebook and Twitter , according to a news service report.

The Associated Press reported Thursday that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is working to overhaul the current color-coded terror alert system. The new system, according to the report, would have only two levels of alerts -- elevated and imminent.

Those alerts would be relayed to the public, in part, via social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.

The AP article is based on a 19-page draft of the plan that the news service obtained.

"The new terror alerts would also be published online using Facebook and Twitter 'when appropriate,' " AP said, "but only after federal, state and local government leaders have already been notified," the news agency reported.

The new system is expected to be in place by April 27.

"Within five years, social networking will be what email is today," he said. "I see the phone, email, faxes, etc. as older generation tools."

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Facebook Hatin' Empty Re: Facebook Hatin'

Post  mermaid Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:03 am

OMG......... I`d forgotten all about the noon whistle!

Yeah !! Panic city fear
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Facebook Hatin' Empty Profound change for Facebook set to `lock in` users-

Post  mermaid Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:31 am

http://news.yahoo.com/profound-change-facebook-set-lock-users-083140695.html

..Profound change for Facebook set to 'lock in' users

Relaxnews – Fri, Sep 30, 2011.......Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook

Facebook on Friday begins rolling out its biggest ever shake-up, in a move observers say will not only profoundly alter how its 800 million users interact with the site, but will keep them coming back for decades to come.

The new "Timeline," revealed last week by chief executive Mark Zuckerberg will also likely shock some users, notorious for backlashes in recent years over even small adjustments to the site, let alone a complete re-think of how their lives are presented to the world.

The changes amount to the "heart of your Facebook experience, completely rethought from the ground up," Zuckerberg told an annual developers conference.

Rick Marini, CEO of the Facebook-focused "career network" BranchOut, which itself boasts millions of users, marveled this week in a conference call with marketers and reporters how the site had managed to build an enduring model.

"If your Timeline becomes an important part of your life -- the diary of your life -- Facebook may have just locked people in for the next 20 years," Marini said Wednesday.

Rolling Eyes

mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:56 am

"According to SAI sources, the following exchange is between a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg and a friend shortly after Mark launched The Facebook in his dorm room:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb fucks.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/well-these-new-zuckerberg-ims-wont-help-facebooks-privacy-problems-2010-5#ixzz1ZXXXa9lW
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 am

what does redacted mean?
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Facebook Hatin' Empty Facebook Hatin'

Post  Betep Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I'll have Admin move all the Facebook idiocy here.

Today's Hatin' is from Yahoo:
Job seekers getting asked for Facebook passwords
SEATTLE (AP) — When Justin Bassett interviewed for a new job, he expected the usual questions about experience and references. So he was astonished when the interviewer asked for something else: his Facebook username and password.

Bassett, a New York City statistician, had just finished answering a few character questions when the interviewer turned to her computer to search for his Facebook page. But she couldn't see his private profile. She turned back and asked him to hand over his login information.

Bassett refused and withdrew his application, saying he didn't want to work for a company that would seek such personal information. But as the job market steadily improves, other job candidates are confronting the same question from prospective employers, and some of them cannot afford to say no.

In their efforts to vet applicants, some companies and government agencies are going beyond merely glancing at a person's social networking profiles and instead asking to log in as the user to have a look around.

"It's akin to requiring someone's house keys," said Orin Kerr, a George Washington University law professor and former federal prosecutor who calls it "an egregious privacy violation."
Betep

Back to top Go down

Facebook Hatin' Empty Openbook Closed...

Post  Betep Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 am

Openbook (website)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Openbook was a Facebook-specific search engine, built upon Facebook's publicly available API,[1] which enabled one to search for specific texts on the walls of Facebook subscribers en masse which they had denoted, knowingly or unknowingly, as being available to "Everyone," i.e. to the Internet at large. Both an avowed parody of Facebook and an Internet privacy advocacy website, it was built by San Francisco website developers Will Moffat, Peter Burns and James Home within a few hours on May 12, 2010, and received nearly six million page views in its first two weeks on-line from over a million people in over two hundred countries. The website received extensive media attention from, among others, the Wall Street Journal,[2] NPR[3] and ABC News,[4] including international coverage.[5]

In May 2012, the website was moved from its original domain youropenbook.org to openbook.org. In July 2012, Openbook was shut down due to legal reasons, and openbook.org has reverted to a foreign exchange website.

Edit:

I found this:
http://openstatussearch.com/
:computerwork:
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 am

Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 am

Oh that figures!!!! Now that I think of it, this should have been a big suspicion long ago !

My swans would say, "Screw `em." swan swan
I agree.

Last edited by mermaid on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot swans)
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:24 am

BRUSSELS

Court orders Facebook to stop collecting data

Belgian media say a Brussels court has ordered Facebook to stop collecting data about citizens in the country or face fines for every day it fails to comply.

The daily De Standaard reported Friday that the court upheld a Belgian privacy commission finding that Facebook is collecting data without users’ consent. It said the court concluded that Facebook does not adequately inform users that it is collecting information, what kind of details it keeps and for how long, or what it does with the data.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum