Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News for the Fourth

3 posters

Go down

News for the Fourth Empty News for the Fourth

Post  Betep Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:11 am

A couple from the Herald:
Great white hype?
State officials play down Coast Guard’s shark warning
By Joe Dwinell and Hillary Chabot
Saturday, July 3, 2010 - Added 8h ago

State officials are putting the bite on the feds for needlessly alarming weekend beach-goers with a dramatic great white shark alert, but the U.S. Coast Guard isn’t backing down.

The flare-up began when the Coast Guard issued a warning to boaters in the region yesterday that the “predators” have arrived ready to “swim into your comfort zone” and find a “dangling hand” on a boat an invitation to chomp.

Fireworks fans blast Bay State ban
Turn to New Hampshire, Rhode Island for fun
By Natalie Sherman and O’Ryan Johnson
Saturday, July 3, 2010 - Added 10h ago

SEABROOK, N.H. - Bay Staters who flooded across state lines yesterday to stock up for the Fourth of July were shooting off a couple of days early - taking aim at the fireworks ban back home.

“I think the law is pretty ridiculous,” said Eric Wharton, 25, who had just filled a bag with $100 worth of goodies such as “Black Cat: Out of Sight” whistling missiles.

In Massachusetts, buying or possessing any kind of fireworks can result in a fine of up to $100. The sale of fireworks can result in a fine of up to $1,000 and even jail time. And, the cops will take the goods.

OH PU-LEEZE! How are we supposed to fight off sharks without fireworks?
No sparklers? Do they think this is Russia? (Oh, fireworks are legal there)[/small)
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

News for the Fourth Empty Re: News for the Fourth

Post  mermaid Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 am

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100729/NEWS/7290325By Doug Fraser
dfraser@capecodonline.com
July 29, 2010CHATHAM — The Ezyduzit nosed toward the shallows. Up in the tuna tower, Nick Chaprales did quick math in his head. Ten feet of water on the depth finder, 3 feet of draft on the 32-foot tuna boat, and a 2-foot groundswell, left only 5 feet of water between keel and sandy bottom.

"C'mon," his father, Bill Chaprales, impatiently signaled with his hand, and Nick Chaprales cautiously eased the boat toward South Beach, only 100 feet away.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Awesome photos of 12-14 feet of `Hype` this morning in CCT`s. So beautiful they are!
My feeling is that the one shark featured would enjoy a good chuckle/gaffaw over being approached by a few fireworks.. That is IF he/she was in the mood.

Q. How do you know when a great white shark is in a good mood?
A. Count how many seals are missing.

I can hear the shark jokes coming loud & fast. . goes with the music.
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

News for the Fourth Empty Re: News for the fourth- [sharks]

Post  mermaid Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Not a laughing matter- and should be unnecessary to add BUT, I certainly hope people pay close attention to the warnings.. & stay far, far away from these stealthy underwater visitors. A person wouldn`t get a second chance to wish they had.
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

News for the Fourth Empty Annual Fireworks Rant

Post  Betep Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:54 am

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Stupid.
From the Boston Herald:
Pol’s fireworks bill sparks debate
Bay Staters looking to light up the skies for the Fourth of July would no longer have to sneak over the state line to buy fireworks under a controversial proposal by a freshman lawmaker to make them legal.

“Everybody else, including the states that surround Massachusetts, have decriminalized them in some way,” said state Rep. Richard Bastien, a Gardner Republican. “Anybody can drive within an hour of where they live and go purchase fireworks if they want to. These other states have realized they’re missing out on sales tax revenue and pushing people to do business in other states.”

Massachusetts is one of just four states with an outright ban on fireworks, along with New York, New Jersey and Delaware. Small, ground-based fireworks were legalized last year in Rhode Island.

Bastien’s bill would legalize fireworks in Massachusetts but allow towns to issue local permits.

“It doesn’t force cities or towns to sell them. All it does is make it a local option,” Bastien said.

Just make them legal and stop being such a buzzkill. smiley-angry021
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:35 am

Ya know this really IS pretty stupid. We are one of 4 states? hmm.

Last year I went to my cousin`s for a family thing ((it was a verry pleasant visit!)), came home around 8-ish, almost dark time. ((Fireflies were my display!))
To the left of my driveway, or the right depending on if I backed in or drove in, about 100 yards, is a house- neighbors I guess. They have this big fence so we never actually wave or anything.

Anyway, per usual July 4th they did some big noises etc. boom booms.. twizzle rockets whatever you call them......I`ve always heard this.

Next morning my car was Ba-laaack with soot! My folks told me these people put on a marvelous display!!

This year, I`ll park on the other side of the house & Watch !

>>>Point being, since fireworks are still illegal in MA, how come there are more & more private displays ? I never see any arrests in the CCT`s next day. Cops too busy I suppose. It is what it is.

In any event, wishing all a safe/sane 4th. usasmiley
mermaid
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Yarmouth focuses on illegal fireworks

YARMOUTH – In response to community complaints and public safety concerns about illegal fireworks, the Yarmouth Police Department reports that it and the Yarmouth Fire, Natural Resources and Parks and Recreation departments are increasing education and enforcement activities this year.

According to the Police Department Deputy Chief Steven Xiarhos, “Yarmouth is the most densely populated town on Cape Cod. With the increases in size and sophistication of some of the fireworks being used we are concerned about the safety of our citizens and visitors and the danger of damage to properties; as well as to our beautiful beaches and natural resources.”

The Yarmouth Police Department lists some of the negative effects of Illicit fireworks displays:

• Disturbs the peacefulness of residents and guests

• Increases fire hazards especially during these dry conditions

• Risks injuries to bystanders and the novice users of dangerous displays

• Causes dogs and other animals to become frightened

• Leaves behind significant debris and unexploded fireworks

In order to be proactive, the Yarmouth departments will be working together over the next few days in order to reduce the negative results of illicit fireworks. The following are some of the initiatives that will be undertaken:

1. Media outreach to inform Yarmouth residents and visitors of the Massachusetts fireworks laws

2. Work with motels particularly along beachfront properties for their protection

3. Deploy beach patrols beginning at 4 p.m. on July 4th in order to prevent illicit fireworks displays from being constructed

4. Fire Inspectors, Police Officers, and Natural Resource Officers will circulate in neighborhoods and respond to 911 calls

5. Take enforcement actions if needed for violations of those laws

Residents and guests are asked to call the Yarmouth Police Department at 508-775-0445 extension 0 if fireworks are being discharged at any time. Deputy Xiarhos cautioned, “Even with teams circulating in neighborhoods, they simply cannot be everywhere at once and there may be a delay in the response time unless an emergency exists.”

Media release provided by the Yarmouth Police Department

Jack-booted thugs...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://beteps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down