Betep's Page 0

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Betep's Page 0
Betep's Page 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel`

2 posters

Go down

Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel` Empty Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel`

Post  mermaid Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:37 am

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110403/NEWS/104030322&cid=sitesearch

Anger flares over disgraced Cape 'Angel'
By Karen Jeffrey
kjeffrey@capecodonline.com

April 03, 2011

Elsie Medina is among those who plan to be at Barnstable Superior Court on May 3 when Gina Clark is arraigned on charges she stole tens of thousands of dollars raised for grieving families.

Medina said the allegations against the 40-year-old Marstons Mills resident and founder of the now-defunct charity Touched by Angels are no surprise.

Legal woes
On March 25, a Barnstable County Grand Jury indicted Clark on:

15 counts of larceny by embezzlement over $250Larceny by embezzlement under $250; gross fraudIllegal lottery scheme10 counts of minimum wage violationsTwo counts of overtime law violationsFailure to provide proper pay stubIndependent contractor violations

Touched by Angels, the nonprofit corporation was indicted for

10 counts of minimum wage violationsTwo counts of overtime law violationsFailure to provide proper pay stubs14 counts of larceny by embezzlement over $250One count of larceny by embezzlement under $250Gross fraud

"I knew her before the whole Touched by Angels thing," Medina said. "Let me tell you, this is one tiger that never changed her stripes. She puts herself out there as someone who wants to help you when what she really wants to do is help herself to your money."

click link above to read the rest

This witch ought to be burned at the stake......... publicly & slowly. Even that is too kind for her.
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel` Empty Re: Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel`

Post  Betep Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:00 am

A couple or so years ago, I was going to take a photograph of the Xmas wreaths in front of Peterson's Market in Yarmouth Port. The Angels were there and almost attacked me for taking a picture. Odd.

I know a family affected by this huckster.

Sad.
Betep
Betep

Aries Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel` Empty Re: Anger flares over disgraced Cape `Angel`

Post  mermaid Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 am

They almost attacked you? Shocked
A very sorry & sad bunch of people affected indeed. Probably most everyone on the cape knows someone or is related to those affected.

Wonder how the rest will play out.............Justice Must Prevail msign
mermaid
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:48 am

mermaid wrote:They almost attacked you?

I was taking pix of the wreaths. Chick went nutty and came at me in the parking lot. "Don't take my picture!"

I was on my bicycle so I could escape. I unfortunately deleted the good nut case pix.

I was a bit pissed off when they were asking for $ regarding the Manchuck girl.
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Biotch!
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 am

Touched by Angels charity owner appears in court

By STEVE DOANE
sdoane@capecodonline.com
June 23, 2012

BARNSTABLE — On Friday, Gina Clark , representing her now-defunct charity, Touched by Angels, was in Barnstable Superior Court for a hearing on a defense motion to dismiss fraud cases.

Clark, of Marstons Mills, was indicted last year on 15 counts of larceny by embezzlement more than $250, gross fraud, running an illegal lottery scheme and more than a dozen employee payment-related charges.

The charity, whose mission was to help families of victims killed in accidents or swamped by medical expenses, also faces a host of similar offenses. Clark is accused of keeping most of the money from Touched By Angels charity events for herself.

Clark's attorney, Joan Fund, questioned two witnesses from eCape Inc. about comments posted on the Cape Cod Today website.

The defense contends a member of the grand jury was inappropriately biased toward Clark and therefore the indictment should be thrown out.

This bias apparently came to light after a commenter, under the screen name "Possee," posted something about it at the bottom of a blog post about Clark.

The two witnesses testified as to how Cape Cod Today manages and maintains its online comments section. An additional witness is expected to testify at another hearing that has not yet been scheduled. Clark was scheduled to go to trial at the end of July, but Fund said she would not be ready for trial by then.

Emphasis mine.
Perhaps this is why Cape Cod Today pulled the plug on comments?
Betep
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down